At Christ the King School we strongly believe in the importance of supporting your family as your child makes the transition from kindergarten into our school community.
Transitioning to school is a big step and our intention is to help make this transition as easy as possible. We believe in the importance of making connections and building strong relationships with families to help the students at Christ the King to flourish and to grow.
Many of our current school families attended one of the Kindergartens, Early Learning Centres, or Preschools listed below:
- Warradale Kindergarten
- Ballara Park Kindergarten
- Oaklands Estate Kindergarten
- Dover Gardens Kindergarten
- Warradale Community Children's Centre
- Seacliff Community Kindergarten
- Alive ELC
- Daws Road ELC
- Edge ELC
The Reception Transition Process
- After enrolment, a teacher visits your child's kindergarten/pre-school prior to your child commencing. The teacher will meet with your child so they have a familiar face on the first day of school to help facilitate the transition. The teacher also meets with the kindergarten director to discuss any educational or additional needs.
- Your child will receive a welcome booklet and a letter to share with their family at the kindergarten visit.
- A welcome and information evening is held for parents before the first transition visit. This is to provide the parents with information regarding the transition program and for parents to meet with Teacher/s, Principal and other school staff.
- Following the information session parents have an opportunity to meet with other parents in a relaxed, casual gathering where cheese and wine is provided.
- Transition visits are held on Friday mornings through Term 4 the year before your child commences school. Dates and times will be forwarded to you prior to your child commencing transition. We offer 8 transition visits which allows:
- Your child to become familiar with the classroom layout, and also the class and school routines.
- Your child to make friends with other students who will be starting school with them next year
- Teachers to get to know your child.
- Students to become familiar with teachers.
A three-way conference (parent, child & Teacher) is arranged at the beginning of Term 1 on the day prior to your child starting school.
Starting Reception in Term 3?
We offer a Mid-Year Intake of Reception students at our school in Term 3.
- Mid-Year Students are also visited at their kindergarten in the lead up to the transition visits.
- Students beginning in Term 3 will be offered multiple transition visits on Friday mornings during Term 2, prior to their commencement.
- A three-way conference (parent, child & Teacher) will be arranged at the beginning of Term 3.
- Parents of students beginning in Term 3 are invited to attend the welcome & information evening held in Term 4 for the students commencing Reception in the following year.